Much of the present church dates from around the 15th century but there is evidence of a much earlier building. The current church consists of south porch, nave, tower, chancel, and north chancel vestry; both the chancel and porch were re-built in 1824. The tower dates from the late 15th century.
The church lacks any significant graffiti. Only two pieces were found – a Mason’s Mark in the form of a starburst on the apex of the south door inside and this is partially obscured. The other piece is an inscription on the internal west wall of the tower. The name is now unreadable but underneath is inscribed ‘aged’ and ‘March’. Additional dating cannot be read. It seems likely to be 19thC.