Much of the present church dates from around the 15th century but there is evidence of a much earlier building. The current church consists of south porch, nave, tower, chancel, and north chancel vestry; both the chancel and porch were re-built in 1824. The tower dates from the late 15th century.
The church lacks any significant graffiti. Only two pieces were found – a Mason’s Mark in the form of a starburst on the apex of the south door inside and this is partially obscured. The other piece is an inscription on the internal west wall of the tower. The name is now unreadable but underneath is inscribed ‘aged’ and ‘March’. Additional dating cannot be read. It seems likely to be 19thC.
Here is the Medieval music from the Chapter House, transcribed and looped.
Click on the image to play.
Here is the link to the online Evaluation Survey for DNMGS volunteers:
Several public talks are now confirmed, with more to come over the coming weeks & months.
Full details can be found by visiting the Events page.
The DNMGS survey is well under way now, and we are getting some good results.
Images and info will be added to the Survey Results page once venues are completed.
There are several ways you can get involved in our project:
Sign up to become a volunteer – contact email@example.com
Visit us on Facebook – click here
Submit relevant images, articles or blog posts